On this page you will find our Plastic Media shapes and sizing charts. At the bottom you will also find our polyester composition descriptions.
Superfin Media is designed for use in all types of mass-finishing equipment.
- Packed in 50lb bags
- All Shipments F.O.B. Ohio
- Prices subject to change without notice
- Special sizes/shapes and formulations quoted on request.
Plastic Media Shapes & Sizes
High Density Pre-Formed Media
A completely new and improved line of fast cutting polyester media, designed and formulated to provide a wider range of surface finishes. It contains agents that improve overall performance considerably which are technically superior to standard resin bonded media and urea formaldehyde media.
Our new and improved media also has an average bulk density of 100 lbs. per cubic foot. This represents over 35% higher density than standard plastic media and 20% higher density than most ceramic media. It has been designed to reduce standard plastic media process time by 50% while improving surface finish, without additional cost. It will also cut as fast as most ceramic media but will produce a superior surface without hardening the metal surface.
When used with proper water and compound flow rate, our new and improved media reduces foaming and allows faster settlement of solids. It will produce a clean, surface finish on ferrous, non-ferrous, or plastic components. It will not fragment and is currently available in more than thirty shapes and sizes.
- HD1 Designed to greatly reduce cycle time while producing a superlative pre-plate finish and a very low R.M.S. surface finish. An extremely clean media during and after processing. Formulated for fine finishing of all ferrous, non-ferrous, and plastic components. Weighs approximately 95 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is light red. PH7
- HD2 Designed for low Ra finishing, especially aerospace turbine and compressor blades. this media is very clean in process and can be used on all metals and plastic components. Weighs approximately 95 lbs. per cubic foot. color is ivory. PH7
- HD3 Designed for use on components such as stainless steel, forgings and titanium. It is also suitable for use on most base metals, plastics, and produces a very low R.M.S. finish. Weighs approximately 100 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is light blue. PH7
- HD4 Designed as an extremely fast cutting media suitable for all materials. It produces low R.M.S. surface and superior pre-plate finishes. It contains no aluminum oxide and should be used when the wear rate is not a prime factor. Weighs approximately 100 lbs. per cubic foot. color is light grey. PH7
Low Density Pre-Formed Media
Manufactured to our own formulated specifications, containing only the finest raw materials available. Low density media is used within the metal industry for surface preparation and improvement on most metals such as aluminum, brass, copper, and zinc as well as plastic. Low density media will reduce distortion, impingement and burr roll-over while producing excellent finishes prior to plating and/or painting. Fine finishes as well as aggressive cutting can be achieved.
- LD1 An extremely long-wearing media specifically formulated for fine finishing of non-ferrous metals. This media will provide excellent pre-plate surfaces on zinc and aluminum parts. Weighs approximately 60 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is white. PH7
- LD2 A lightweight, long-wearing media. Excellent for pre-plate finishing. Produces very low micro-inch surfaces on most metals. Weighs approximately 65 lbs. per cubic foot. color is beige. PH7
- LD3 A light to medium cutting media. Provides excellent pre-paint finishes on plastic and achieves good pre-paint finishes on most metals. Weighs approximately 65 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is beige. PH7
- LD4 An all around general purpose media with good cutting and wear rate qualities. This media contains fine abrasives to allow faster cutting time cycles while still maintaining a high finish standard. For use on ferrous and non-ferrous components. Weighs approximately 65 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is red. PH7
- LD5 A blend of coarser abrasives to provide faster burr removal while maintaining a good finish and reasonable wear rate. For use on most metals. Weighs approximately 65 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is blue. PH7
- LD6 A fast-cutting media containing aluminum oxide abrasive. To be used where heavy cut-down and surface blending is required but higher wear rate is not a factor. Weighs approximately 75 lbs. per cubic foot. color is brown. PH7
- LD7 A fast-cutting media composed of a blend of coarser abrasives. To be used for rapid cut-down when aluminum oxide impregnation cannot be tolerated and a fine surface finish is not required. Weighs approximately 70 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is black. PH7
Synthetic Pre-Formed Media
Synthetic Media is a blend of urea formaldehyde resin and abrasives. It is acidic with a PH3. If running non-ferrous metals, correct compounding is required to eliminate corrosion. Very clean non-foaming, non-surface residue. Good for pre-plate finishing and very low Ra surface can be obtained. Recommended for high energy processing and finishing of delicate parts.
- SF-1 A fast cutting urea formaldehyde media ideal for blending of surface marks and lines. It will provide a matte finish and is suitable for all metals and plastics. weight approximately 70 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is white. PH3
- SF-2 An extremely fast-cutting urea formaldehyde media for heavy deburring and blending surface imperfections. Weighs approximately 70 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is ivory. PH3
- SUF-6 A light-cutting, long lasting media which contains microcrystalline silica abrasives which are ideal for pre-plate finishing. This media is long wearing for urea formaldehyde. Provides light colors. Weighs approximately 60 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is light green. Ph3
- SUF-7 A medium-cutting urea formaldehyde media. Provides a low Ra finish with a good cutting ability on all metals and plastics. Weighs approximately 65 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is pink. PH3
- SUF-8 A fast-cutting, long wearing urea formaldehyde media with similar characteristics to SF-1, but having a lower attrition and cut rate. Ideal for deburring and surface improvement. Weighs approximately 70 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is red. PH3
Speciality Pre-Formed Media
- HDS Silicon carbide abrasive for extremely aggressive cut-down and blending of belt and grind lines. Very suitable for parts that are to be welded or braised. Weighs approximately 90 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is black. PH7
- HDW White aluminum oxide used mainly on stainless steel for deburring and surface improvement. Weighs approximately 70 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is ivory. PH7
- HDX Pure aluminum oxide that is extremely aggressive and will blend belt lines. Also good for burr removal. Weighs approximately 120 lbs. per cubic foot. Color is black. PH